Author Topic: UTAU Not Displaying Kana Properly  (Read 1131 times)

Forra Bard

• Version No. 3
UTAU Not Displaying Kana Properly
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I searched a couple different ways and didn't find any like this.

My laptop is currently in Japanese locale, and I've reinstalled UTAU a couple of times. The problem is...It won't display kana. All the kanji show up fine, but for some reason hiragana and katakana come up garbled into unicode boxes.

Also, Japanese and Chinese are both default language bar options, so I'm not thinking its an errored language pack.

Any idea on how to fix this?
Project MINSTRELOID
Toma's Act 2!

lapinblanc

• Version No. 0
Re: UTAU Not Displaying Kana Properly
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Ever since I moved over to my sister's hand-me-down laptop, this has occurred to me as well! Same settings, same everything... but no hiragana. In my experience, when I open "Voicebank settings" the hiragana show up just fine in the "alias" box, but for some odd reason, its not correct everywhere else. Is that how it is for you? I hope you find your answer!! :(

Barack Obama is my husband. Sorry, ladies. ♥

Princess Aleks

• Version No. 3

lapinblanc

• Version No. 0
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:55 PM »
I'm guessing that don't work on Home Premium. Downloaded the Japanese pack for 64-bit. Clicked to install, did nothing. Went over to Control Panel, checked language settings, looked into Keyboards and Languages, clicked "How Can I Install Additional Languages?" and this came up in the Help section:

"Note: The Display language section will only be visible if you have already installed an LIP or if your edition of Windows supports an MUI. MUIs are only available in Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise."

I have Home Premium. Does this explain why the download What do? (Also, if it feels like I'm hijacking your thread, Forra Bard, sorry. Just ask me to call it off and I will!)

Forra Bard

• Version No. 3
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:27 PM »
I really doubt its the language pack on mine but I'll give it a shot.
As for why it doesn't work on home premium, double check that you're running a 64-bit system. If you aren't you have to find the 32 bit version, which will install properly.
Project MINSTRELOID
Toma's Act 2!

lapinblanc

• Version No. 0
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Pretty sure it was 64-bit. Downloaded the 64-bit. I tried the 32-bit, did the same exact thing. :S

Forra Bard

• Version No. 3
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Are you running 7 Home Premium?
And yea, installing the language pack did nothing. It already existed/exists on mine.
Project MINSTRELOID
Toma's Act 2!

irei1as

• Initiate
  • Version No. 3
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10 PM »
It seems windows 7 64bit have some kind of issue with fonts sometimes (UTAU uses a special font to show Japanese that is installed when you install UTAU -it is not included in the zip- the first time).
Just google "windows 7 64 bit font problem" and you see a few of threads about it.

I don't know... maybe try to run UTAU.exe in compability mode with windows xp?

lapinblanc

• Version No. 0
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 04:12 PM »
It seems windows 7 64bit have some kind of issue with fonts sometimes (UTAU uses a special font to show Japanese that is installed when you install UTAU -it is not included in the zip- the first time).
Just google "windows 7 64 bit font problem" and you see a few of threads about it.

I don't know... maybe try to run UTAU.exe in compability mode with windows xp?

I fixed it!!! I noticed what you said that the font is not included in the zip version of UTAU. I've been using the zip version, that's whats causing the problem!! I downloaded the .exe version of UTAU and now everything shows up perfectly. :) Thanks for the info!!

Forra Bard, if you're using the zip version of UTAU, try switching to the exe. If that doesn't work, don't give up! I'll try to help you the best I can! c:

Forra Bard

• Version No. 3
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Whoa! Super cool. Thanks a bunch. That fixed it right up.
I keep forgetting this laptop can run the .exe version.
Project MINSTRELOID
Toma's Act 2!

3miscool

• Version No. 0
    • Tumblr - 3miscool
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 03:07 AM »
does anyone happen to have a link to download utau.exe? im having the exact same problem as both of you XD